The law firm of Philipps & Philipps, Ltd., represents consumers who have been abused by illegal debt collection actions or subjected to improper credit reporting practices.
Our practice consists mainly of litigation on behalf of consumers who have been defrauded, subject to illegal collection activity, or improper credit reporting. David and Mary have worked on and/or been appointed class counsel in about 160 cases, which have recovered more than $50,000,000 for defrauded or abused consumers.
We represent consumers against collectors who:
- Use obscene or profane language
- Attempt to collect debts that have been discharged in bankruptcy
- Threat the use of violence or other illegal collection means
- Call at unreasonable hours
- Misrepresent the consumer's legal rights
- Share information about a consumer's debts with neighbors, friends or an employer
- Obtain information about a consumer through false pretenses
- Impersonate public officials and attorneys
- Demand payment on debts that are time-barred, discharged in bankruptcy, or have already been paid in full
- Report improper information on a consumer credit report.
Are you experiencing something like this? If so, please contact us for a consultation.