The law firm of Philipps & Philipps, Ltd., represents consumers who have been abused by illegal debt collection actions or subjected to improper credit reporting practices. Most of our lawsuits are filed pursuant to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), 15 U.S.C. § 1692, et. seq.
Our practice consists mainly of litigation on behalf of consumers who have been defrauded, subject to illegal collection activity, or improper credit reporting. David Philipps and Mary Philipps have been appointed class counsel in about 160 cases, which have recovered more than $50,000,000 for defrauded or abused consumers.
We represent consumers against collectors who:
- Use obscene or profane language
- Attempt to collect debts that have been discharged in bankruptcy or subject to a bankruptcy automatic stay
- Demand payment on debts that are time-barred, or have already been paid in full
- Threaten to use violence or other illegal collection actions
- Call at unreasonable hours
- Misrepresent a consumer's legal rights
- Share information about a consumer's debts with neighbors, friends or employers
- Lie in order to obtain information about a consumer
- Impersonate public officials or attorneys to collect a debt
- File lawsuits over debts that have been paid in full, discharged in bankrutpcy, or are beyond their statute of limitations
- Report incorrect information on a credit report
Are you experiencing something like this? If so, please contact us for a consultation.